TITLE THAILAND Guide To Travel Thailand  

Home National Park Tourist attraction Hotel & Resort Festival&Event Map Contact EN ไทย

  Famous attraction
       Phi Phi Island
       Chiang Mai
  Tourist attraction
  National Park
  Hotel & Resort
  Interesting web
  Tourism Authority of Thailand
  Ministry of Tourism and Sports
  National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation
  Thailand Tourist police
  State Railway of Thailand
  Department of Land Transport
  Phra Prang Ku
Catagorize: Other religious & spiritural sites
Contact: Ban Nong Bua Tel. -

Phra Prang Ku was constructed by Bhaisajyaguru during 1181- 1220 A.D. or in the 18th Buddhist century in Jenla Empire during the reign of King Jayavarman VII. The whole pagoda is made of laterite and surrounded by rectangular wall with the entrance door in the east. Inside Phra Prang Ku houses a Buddha image in the attitude of subduing Mara, which was invited from other places. There is also a statue of the angel's head in Khmer style. The lintel of the door frame is carved into the picture of Trairatana Mahayana, meaning the Lord Buddha of healing and medicine, who can make his people happy and healthy.

                    This architecture is influenced by Khmer. The word "Prang Ku" refers to the group of buildings that have the same plan and appearance with the buildings believed to be Arokaya Sala that was built in the 18th Buddhist century in the reign of King Jayavarman VII during 1181- 1220 A.D.

                    Prang Ku is an Arokaya Sala built in the reign of King Jayavarman VII. There is a message saying: Stay under the prestige of the Lord Buddha of medicine, Bhaisajyaguru, who can provide happiness and healthiness to his people. At present, this place is an important archeological site with the most complete condition in Chaiyaphum Province. It is also highly respected among the people in Chaiyaphum.


                    Prang Ku is an archeological site with the same plan and appearance with the other archeological site proved to be Arokaya Sala, which was built in the 18th Buddhist century. There is a principal pagoda in the middle and a library at the front. They are surrounded by the wall with Gopura only at the entire front part. All of these are made of laterite, except for the window panels, the door frames, the lintels, and the columns, which are made of sandstone. There is also a pond in a good condition, facing towards the east and the northeast. The principal pagoda has a 5-meter square basement with twelve indented corners. At the front of it, there is a door situated in the protruding balcony. The other 3 sides of the pagoda's wall have fake doors where the picture of the seating Buddha image in the attitude of meditation, with two hands holding a garland, is engraved in the middle. However, in the left and the right sides engrave the picture of Avalokitesvara with 4 arms and the picture of Prajnaparamita. There is also lintel in the front as well. It is assumed to be inscribed in the same picture with the other one but the inscription is almost faded these days. There is a stone Buddha image in the attitude of meditation in Dvaravati style housed at the fake door in the north. It is 1.75 meters tall and is 7.5 meters wide in its lap. This Buddha image was invited from some other places.

Website: http://www.suanpalmfarmnok.com