TITLE THAILAND Guide To Travel Thailand  
www.titlethailand.com

Home National Park Tourist attraction Hotel & Resort Festival&Event Map Contact EN ไทย

  Famous attraction
       Pattaya
       Samet
       Phuket
       Samui
       Phangan
       Phi Phi Island
       Chiang Mai
  Tourist attraction
       Northern
       Northeastern
       Central
       Eastern
       Southern
  National Park
       Northern
       Northeastern
       Central
       Eastern
       Southern
  Hotel & Resort
  Interesting web
  Tourism Authority of Thailand
  Ministry of Tourism and Sports
  National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation
  Thailand Tourist police
  State Railway of Thailand
  Department of Land Transport
  Wat Ton Son
Catagorize: Temple
Contact: ???????????????????? ????????????????????? 2 ??????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? ????????????????? Tel. +66 3 553 5789

Wat Ton Son was royally granted on 14 August 1942. It is situated on the west side of Chaophraya River, opposite to Angthong Polytechnic College. This ancient temple was built in the late period of Ayutthaya era about 1767. It is assumed that the temple was constructed in that period because the former monastery was decorated with Bua Orn and Kan Tuay pattern. However, there is no record about it. The history is from the saying of the elderly. The temple was deteriorated and almost became the deserted temple since there was no venerable thing.

In 1945, Phra Racha Suwan Molee, the former leading abbot of Angthong Province, started to build objects in the temple which was only over 14 rais at that time. Later, nearby lands were bought to extend the temple’s area. Nowadays, the total area of the temple is 27 rais, 3 ngans, and 32 square wahs. 

There is a Buddha statue in the attitude of subduing mara named “Somdet Phra Buddha Nava Lokutta Dhamma Bodi Sri Muangthong” or “Somdet Phra Sri Muangthong”. It is 6 wahs 3 cubits and 9 inches wide and 9 wahs 1 cubit and 19 inches tall. It was made from metal and covered with gold. Phra Racha Suwan Molee, the abbot started the construction in 1973. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn came to perform the ceremony on 7 March 1985. It is the first biggest metal Buddha statue and it is one of elaborated Buddha statues. It is also one of the biggest fish fertilization center.


Website: http://www.chitsakonresort.com