Catagorize: Historical Sites & Monuments
Contact: Amphoe Mueang, Chachoengsao Tel. -
Built in 1794 during the reign of King Rama III by KrommaluangRonnaret, Chachoengsao City Fortress was originally designed to defend against foreign invaders. However, it was later used during King Rama V’s reign in efforts to quell riots and looting by illicit Chinese opium traders. A public park now stands before it, a pleasant place to relax and enjoy views of the nearby Bang Pakong River. De-commissioned canons can still be seen along the walls.
The ancient fortress is located on TanonMaruphong and it cans access any time.