Contact: - Tel. +66 4381 1620
Wat Pho Chai Semaram or Wat Ban Kom is an old temple with a huge collection of old boundary stones of gigantic sizes. The boundary stones found in Fa Daet Song Yang are different from those discovered in other regions, as they were usually carved telling Jataka stories and the life of the Lord Buddha. Some of these boundaries stones are kept at the same place where they were discovered and others are kept and displayed at Khon Khaen National Museum.
The temple is located opposite to the entrance of Muenag Fa Daet Song Yang in Nong Paen sub-district, Kamalasai district, Kalasin district, 7km west from Kamalasai town.
These boundary stones found here are different from those discovered in other regions. The famous boundary stone “Phimpha Philap”, which is now kept in Khon Kaen National Museum, was carved telling the stories and the life of the Lord Buddha when coming back from Kabilapat with his father and his son and Yasodhara washed the feet of Lord Buddha with her hair.
The interesting features in the temple are the boundary stones from Dhavaravati period which form the temple wall and some of them are kept in the temple.
Open daily from 08.30 a.m. – 04.30 p.m.
For more information
Call Kalasin Local Government Office at 043-811-620 – 41124 or fax. 043-811-620-41166
Alternatively via email firstname.lastname@example.org