Catagorize: Local Market
Contact: Sriboonruangsuubdistrict, Muang district, Mukdahan province Tel. -
Indochina market is located at Sriboonruangsuubdistrict, Muang district, Mukdahan province.
Around Samranchaikhongroad in Muang Mukdahan city, in front of Sri Mongkol Tai temple, there is a center where you can find imported products from every country such as Russia, China, Vietnam and Laos. The products are sold in wholesale and retail prices. Most of the products are clothes, ceramics, electricity devices and consumer goods. Apart from
imported products from toher countries, there are Mukdahan’s local products such as silk, Mudmee style clothing and
other local products.
Indochina market is not only a products center but also an important tourist attraction in Mukdaharn province.
There is a scenic view point where tourists can watch the beautiful scenery of both sides of Khon river. From the dam near Khon river and Mukdahan’s Indochina market, tourists can also see 2nd Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge at the west side of
the river. On the end of Buddhist Lent, the bridge is where Thai and Laos people observe the long-tailed boats racing competition. From the tourist information center, not far away, tourists can clearly see “Sala Rao Rak Mukdahan” pavilion of Mukdahan municipality.
Furthermore, around Indochina market, there are the gate to Indo-China and the signboard indicating the border of Thailand for taking photos. There is also Chao Mae Song Nang Phi Nong shrine in the same area. There is a tales back to 1353, when Chao Fah Ngum of Lan Chang kingdom, the son-in-law of King Inthapad kingdom, along with his children and cousins migrated along Khon river through Nhong Kai city, Nakorn Phanom city to Mukdahan city at Huai Muk river mouth. Unfortunately, his two daughters, Phra Nang Pimpha and Phra Nang Lom Phama passed away around Khong river area. Therefore, people built up Chao Mae Song Nang Phi Nong shrine to remind of them, who were the daughters of Chao Fah Ngum of Lan Chang kingdom. Later, in Chao Kinnaree reign, the first ruler of Mukdahan city, the miracle happened for several times. On 6th month, 11th day of the waning moon, Chao Kinnaree acknowledged the story of the shrine. In 1772,
in order to let the souls of the two princesses stay in, Chao Kinnaree ordered to build a tower and called it
“Hor Chao Mae Song Nang Phi Nong” since then.