Contact: Amphoe Pua, Nan
Highway 1256 until reaching the entrance opposite Woranakhon School. Enter the entrance for 200 metres and turn left for another 200 metres. It is situated at Ban Kaem, Mu 5, Woranakhon sub-district. Its location is assumed to have been an area where Phraya Phukha had the ancient Pua town or Woranakhon town constructed to be governed by Chao Khunfong, his adopted son. At present, it is the Pua District Office. The word “Beng Sakat” means a miracle at a soil pit. When putting a wooden stick into the pit, the stick will be torn into pieces as though something bites it off. Moreover, a light appeared from the pit during the celebration.
The Phrathat and Wihan - assembly hall - were completed in 1283. Inside the chedi is enshrined the Lord Buddha relics which is considered as the centre of faith of the community. This Phrathat also represents the architecture of the Nan craftsmen. It is located on a high rise where a village below can be seen. Its surroundings is a grove, while its back side is a mountain. Therefore, the location influences the uniqueness and grandeur of the temple. During the rainy season, visitors will be able to see the green rice fields at the villages below.
The architectural characteristic of the assembly hall is its roof which is very sloping and low, presenting the Thai Lue local style of art or called “Tia Chae” shape. The hall is covered with 2 tiers of 2 series of shingle roof, made of golden teakwood, a local Thai Lue style of architectural art. The entrance gate represents the Lan Chang art style. Its renovation was conducted during the rule of Phraya Anantayot. Moreover, the Phra Kaeo image, whose hair was in gold, was enshrined in the Phrathat. The main Buddha image is in the local art style, on a masonry base known as Chukkachi base. Mirrors are attached at the back of the image according to the Thai Lue belief, while the engraved wooden doors are the local Nan art style.